Ranger College cares about students’ success and offers the TRiO Student Support Services Program. It is a federally funded program designed to help students be successful in their educational career. At Ranger College, the TRiO Student Support Services Program is all about the STUDENT! First-generation college students, low income students, and students with a disability are eligible for the program offered at Ranger College. The TRiO Student Support Services team supports, encourages and counsels students participating in the TRiO SSS Program to ensure their college success.
- To provide tools to help students succeed.
- To provide all participants with appropriate counseling to ensure success in the educational, social, and financial areas
- To ensure that participants are provided tutorial services in all academic courses.
The following are some of the free services and activities we offer:
Individual (One on one) services:
- Academic advising
- Academic tutoring
- Advice and assistance in postsecondary course selection
- Assistance in applying to a 4-year institution
- Assistance in applying for Federal Student Aid and other scholarships and grants
- Counseling in personal, academic, educational, and career goal setting
Group sessions and activities:
- Career seminar and guidance services
- Computer lab (open 67 hours each week)
- Cultural activities
- Financial aid workshop
- Financial Literacy training
- Study Skills, time management and organizational workshop
- Transfer workshop
- Visits to 4-year universities
To learn more please contact Student Support Center by calling (254) 267-7163.